Dear ND Colleagues, Patients and Advocates,
A hearing is set for us to deliver testimony on # (HB 6797). The Public Health Committee will hold an offsite public hearing on Monday, March 16, 2015 at 10:30 A.M. at Hartford Public High School’s Law and Government Academy, 55 Forest Street, Hartford, CT 06105.
Our bill is the 5th bill to be heard out of 14 bills. Likely we would be called to testify by noon or early afternoon. Please come and support this effort. The more NDs that are there the better.
For weeks we have worked to get the language of HB 6797 changed so it DOES include language for drug authority. IN THE PAST 2 DAYS THERE HAS BEEN PROGRESS TO ADD DRUG AUTHORITY LANGUAGE.
IN THE MEAN TIME. Meet with, call and write to your legislators and do the following;
- If your legislator(s) is NOT on the Public Health Committee (PHC) ask them to do whatever they can to encourage the PHC members to change the bill and add drug authority language for CT NDs and support this effort to make drug authority a reality for CT NDs.
- If your legislator(s) IS on the Public Health Committee (PHC) ask them to do whatever they can to encourage the PHC Chair members to change the bill and add drug authority language for CT NDs and support this effort to make drug authority a reality for CT NDs.
- Stay in contact with your legislators every 7-10 days and ask for an update on HB 6797. BE PERSISTENT IN DOING THIS.
- If your legislator(s) are not getting back to you make a polite pest of yourself by repeatedly asking to meet or speak with them. Write a “personal” letter to them weekly.
- Consistent, consistent contact with legislators gets their attention and pushes them to action.
Prescriptive authority gives CT NDs the ability to provide many more primary care services and natural medicine options to our patients. To write a letter to your legislator go here; http://www.cnpaonline.org/legislative-action/ Remember the best option is to speak with them.
PLEASE TAKE ACTION QUICKLY AS THE TIMING IS CRITICAL. Legislators need to hear our VOICE as our opposition is extremely vocal and formidable.