Dr. Brody’s Natural Approach to Sore Throats
A sore throat can be the first sign of an oncoming cold. The scratchy, chalkboard sensation in your throat is not a pleasant one. However, it can be prevented and lessened if treatment is started promptly. A sore throat you are experiencing can be due to a number of factors, but to make it more simplistic, just think of it as your body trying to discharge toxins and leftover immune cells in your throat/tonsils. We want to promote this so the symptoms go away quicker while simultaneously working on ways to reduce the pain and irritation. There are many natural medications that can be used for sore throats, tonsillitis, and strep throat, but you should seek out a naturopathic physician first so they can make sure you are taking safe and effective supplements and that there are no interactions with any medications that you are currently taking.
Some things you can do to help compare sore Throats Naturally:
- Rest, seven plus hours of restful sleep a night
- Following a SWAMI Diet
- Drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated
- Adding a humidifier to your bedroom
- Stopping acid reflux/heart burn to control irritation
- Gargle with salt water
- Warming Sock Treatment
- Roxalia, an over the counter natural medicine that can be found in most stores
- Probiotics made for your mouth and throat
- If symptoms persist, make an appointment with your doctor.
Services and Tests To Help You Heal Faster:
Free Discovery Session
A free Discovery Session includes analysis of your blood type, receiving dietary advice, and supplement suggestions with no obligation.
To schedule an appointment, please contact Meaghan at the Personalized Natural Medicine Clinic, located in a beautiful Victorian house in the heart of Newtown, Connecticut.